Saturday, February 16, 2013

Book Review "Through Innocent Eyes - The Chosen Girls of the Hitler Youth"

Here is another comment I received from "D" ......

Your book sounds fantastic! There are too few books that have been written portraying the Germans in anything other than a horrible light. I suppose one of the spoils of war is that you get to write the history after you have won the war. I have and always will consider myself a German. I find it heart warming that someone such as yourself is willing to tell a story like this! The general masses have been brainwashed into a belief that the NSDAP taught nothing but hate which is not the case as you so well have written in your book. I will continue to believe in the strong German work ethics, their love of their land, and their loyalty to their country, which is proven until this day. I will believe this up and until my death. I have found myself rambling, but my point is this: I thank you WITH ALL MY HEART for writing your mother's biography and having the guts to go against the accepted view. I have read the preview in Google books. I have purchased my book and I look forward to reading it! Thank you again for your valuable contribution to German/Austrian history. "D"

No comments:

Post a Comment