Loc: Fox River Trolley Museum, 361 South LaFox Street (IL 31), South Elgin, IL 60177
Dates: May 29-31,2015
Event Summary: We are proud to invite you to our 5th annual Rails to Victory (RTV) WW2 reenactment at the Fox River Trolley Museum in South Elgin, Illinois, just West of Chicago. RTV offers something for all impressions, both military and civilians. RTV will once again be presenting the Occupied France Trolley Adventure with updated and new skits along our 3 miles of trolley track. This is an opportunity for reenactors to immerse the public into history by putting them on a trolley and leading them through various period skits and battles. Wooded picturesque and sloping terrain along the Fox River offer unique and interesting landscapes for both reenactors and spectators. Back by popular demand, a period WW2 BICYCLE RALLY & PARADE is scheduled for Sunday morning at 10:30 AM for a leisurely ride through the museum and down the Fox River Bicycle path to the Duerr Forest Preserve and back (approximately 3 miles round trip). Period bicycles of all kinds; military & civilian, and European & Homefront, are all invited to participate in our 2nd annual rally. Sunday's Schedule shall include a LARGE SCALE FIELD BATTLE at 1pm in and around the Museum's bone yard with all the railroad obstacles for defensive positions. All vehicles including tracked vehicles and watercrafts are welcome to participate.
- A period WW2 Girls Baseball Home Front Game will once again be played on Sunday afternoon. Reenactors are encouraged to come over to watch the game and cheer on their favorite team; whether it be the Rockford Peaches, Kenosha Comets, Racine Bells, or South Bend Blue Sox.
- Opportunities for historical camp presentations are also welcome and can be presented both days of the event. Please contact us if you would like your presentation added to the printed schedule.
Camp Amenities: Flush Toilets on site. Shaded Camp sites can be reserved by early registrants on a first come first served bases.
- Friday, May 29: Reenactor check-in, 4pm to 10pm.;
- Saturday, May 30: Reenactor check-in, 8 am to 9:15am;
- Sunday, May 31: Reenactor check-in, 9am to 9:50am;
- Daily morning formations and S&A check;
- Museum Opens at 10 am on Saturday and Sunday;
- Visit the Event Web Site for Additional event details (schedules, maps, and updates).
Contact: Rebecca Tulloch email@example.com
Directions: The Fox River Trolley Museum is located on Illinois Route 31, three blocks south of State Street in South Elgin, IL. at Fox River Trolley Museum, 365 South LaFox Street (Illinois Route 31),South Elgin, IL 60177
- From Chicago and the east: Take the Northwest Tollway (I-90) or US Route 20 west to Elgin. - - Exit on Illinois 31 southbound and follow posted detour at Spring Street (South Elgin).
- From the west and northwest: Take the Northwest Tollway (I-90) or US Route 20 east to Elgin. Exit on Illinois 31 southbound and follow posted detour at Spring Street (South Elgin).
- From the south: Take Illinois Route 59 north to Illinois Route 64. Turn west on 64 to Illinois Route 31 in St Charles. Take 31 north to the museum.
Authenticity Notes: HRS safety and authenticity rules apply.
Invited Vehicles/Items: All WWII vehicles including tracked vehicles are welcome, weather conditions permitting; tracked vehicles may be limited to the gravel road and battle field. Smaller vehicles such as Jeeps, Motorcycles, Kubels & Lightweight Trucks may drive on the grassy areas. A static vehicle honor display area has been established for all attending vehicles. Boats and other period water crafts such rafts are also welcome on the Fox River, but should contact us first prior to bringing out. River depth is only 2-3 feet in the vicinity of the museum.
Restrictions on Minors: HRS Rules
Other restrictions: No alcoholic beverages permitted in the Museum and County Park. No digging, but camp fires are allowed in above pits and military stoves and grills. No firing of weapons in the encampment area in County Park by Forest Preserve Ordinance; but okay in the designated battlefield areas on museum property.
Motels: Accommodations available in nearby Elgin and St. Charles Illinois: Hampton Inn, the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and West Dundee's Marriott International-Courtyard & Towne Place Suites; and in St. Charles: Best Western, Country Inn & Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Geneva Motel, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Baker, Pheasant Run Resort, and Super 8. Restaurants: There are eating establishments with in a very easy walk of the museum ranging in variety from hot dogs to pizza.